Endless traffic jams and overcrowded public transportation mean agony for almost everyone commuting to and from Jakarta’s city center.Commuter trains and metro buses are affordable, but with lots of doubts surrounding their efficiency, many people long for more reliable and comfortable public transportation.Rizal, 29, is one of them.The private-sector employee, who works near the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta, was waiting for his transportation one afternoon this week. It was a specific kind of bus that would take him home to Cibubur in East Jakarta. The clean, spacious, air-conditioned bus with unlimited WiFi access, reclining seats and USB power ports was his ultimate choice.He was standing at the bus stop near the Bundaran HI Transjakarta station for more than 15 minutes, checking his smartphone to see whether the next premium bus would he… Linkedin LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Log in with your social account Google Facebook Forgot Password ? Topics : public-transportation bus transjakarta Greater-Jakarta Jabodetabek premium commuter city
“I’m determined that America will be fully prepared for any of the future outbreaks, of which we hope there’s going to be none,” he said during remarks after his tour.The president has previously sought to downplay the possibility of the coronavirus returning in the fall, though doctors have said it is very likely.A senior administration official told reporters earlier on Thursday that the Trump administration was seeking to add 300 million N95 masks, the respiratory protective devices that are key to protecting medical workers fighting the deadly coronavirus, to the US stockpile by the fall.The official said the administration hoped ultimately to replenish its strategic national stockpile, which had only 13 million N95s at the beginning of the outbreak, to 1 billion in total.The administration is seeking to shore up medical supplies as part of a bid to prepare for future flare-ups of coronavirus cases, as states nationwide begin to reopen after lockdowns aimed at slowing the spread of the virus. Trump visited a mask production facility in Arizona last week, when he also did not wear a face covering, though he said he tried some on backstage.Pennsylvania is a political swing state wooed by both Republicans and Democrats in presidential elections. Though the Thursday event was arranged by the White House, it had campaign overtones, with music similar to what is played at Trump’s rallies and a pejorative reference by the president to his expected Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden.Trump accused the Obama administration of allowing the stockpile to be depleted. Trump has been in office for three years; the coronavirus outbreak started hitting the United States earlier this year.Trump said his administration would seek to have three months’ worth of supplies on reserve rather than one to three weeks’ worth. Without wearing a face mask himself, President Donald Trump toured a mask distribution center in Pennsylvania on Thursday and announced plans to replenish the US strategic stockpile of medical equipment depleted by the coronavirus outbreak.Trump, a Republican who is running for re-election in November, has resisted wearing a mask in public despite his administration’s guidance to Americans to wear them and new White House rules requiring that staff wear them at work.The president toured the Owens & Minor Inc distribution center, which the White House said has sent millions of N95 masks, surgical gowns and gloves to hospitals and surgery centers across the United States. Company officials wore masks. Topics :
1/1 Top articles Read More Advertisement Ozil has not played since March, only making the matchday squad twice (Picture: Getty)But Ozil repeatedly made it clear he was ‘ready’ to play and his exile is believed to revolve around the Arsenal hierarchy’s desire to offload him this summer.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT by Metro Read More The German has been exiled from the squad since the season restarted (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal are planning talks with highest earner Mesut Ozil in which they will ask the German midfielder to accept a massive pay-off to leave the club, according to reports.Despite playing frequently at the start of Mikel Arteta’s reign in north London – and even leading their chances created charts for the season – Ozil was frozen out after the season restarted.The German did not make a single appearance in any competition and did not even travel with the team to Wembley for the FA Cup final, with ‘back soreness’ given as the official explanation for his absences. About Connatix V67539 Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Metro Sport ReporterSunday 9 Aug 2020 2:08 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link7.2kShares Video Settings Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling 1 min. story Read More Arsenal are in something of a financial bind due to the size of their wage bill coupled with the fallout of the coronavirus crisis.The north London club are keen to make significant additions to the squad but need to raise funds from selling players, as well as chopping their wage bill, in order to do so.Arsenal have made a sizeable contract offer to Chelsea free agent Willian and are also close to agreeing a new £300,000-a-week deal with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while they have also been linked with Lille centre-back Gabriel and Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho.MORE: Arsenal outcast Mesut Ozil sends message to team-mates after FA Cup final winMORE: Mikel Arteta thanks Mesut Ozil and Matteo Guendouzi after Arsenal’s FA Cup triumphFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Read More Comment Read More Skip / PLAY The 31-year-old, who refused to take a pay cut with the rest of the squad, still has a year left on his £350,000-a-week wages and is prepared to stay at Arsenal even if he will not play a single minute of football next season.Arsenal had hoped they would find a buyer, with clubs in MLS and Turkey both interested, but so far no offers have materialised.Now The Mirror report that Arsenal will make a new push to get rid of Ozil and will offer to pay him off, with the club hoping to tempt him with a lump sum that is less than the £18m he is due to earn over the next year.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalAs another alternative, they will also offer to subsidise part of his £350,000-a-week wages if he moves to another club this summer, with the Gunners willing to forfeit any transfer fee too.Ozil will take some convincing, though, with the World Cup winner happy to sit tight and make a free transfer next summer when his contract expires. Coming Next SPONSORED Skip Ad Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Arsenal bosses to offer Mesut Ozil massive pay-off to leave the club Full Screen Advertisement
Share Share Fat tax could save thousands of lives, says Mike RaynerA fat tax could raise money and help get people eating more healthily, says a director at the University of Oxford.Health promotion research group director Mike Rayner said at least a quarter of British adults are obese, and that is costing the health services billions of pounds of year every year.He called for a 12p tax on soft drinks, even bigger than the 2 cents tax introduced in France, claiming it would prevent several thousand deaths a year as people switched to healthier drinks.But Labour MP Angela Eagle and Liberal Democrat minister Steve Webb suggested better packaging and education were likely to be more practical options.Mr Rayner said taxes were already used to discourage people from drinking or smoking and a fat tax plan would raise money for the Treasury and prevent people dying. He said: “There’s evidence to show that manipulating food prices can encourage healthy eating. So why are we so reluctant to change the way we tax food?“We’re in the grip of an obesity crisis. As a nation we’re consuming too many calories and eating too much cheap, energy-dense food, like crisps, chocolate bars or fizzy drinks.”Chips or doughnutsHe explained how Denmark introduced a ‘fat tax’ on foods containing saturated fats, which raise cholesterol. He said: “They’ve got the right idea, but a lot of the low-fat foods in Britain are high in salt, so we might be tackling one problem only to create another.“Instead we need to rethink the way we apply VAT to food. At the moment we have a muddled system: you do pay tax on some relatively-healthy things like smoothies, but you don’t pay it on a lot of junk food like chips or doughnuts.“I don’t care whether it’s hot or cold, whether you got it from a takeaway or a shop – I’d like us to tax all unhealthy foods from butter to biscuits. And in doing so we can tackle a problem that will only keep expanding.”His film was shown to two MPs to gauge what support there might be from politicians.Mr Webb, a Liberal Democrat pensions minister, called on manufacturers to put “put less junk into the food” and said of the fat tax: “It should certainly be looked at, but not as a tax-raising measure.”He added: “We should look at Denmark and other countries who have tried it and see what the evidence is, so we need to do it based on the evidence. But it is worth looking at, I agree.”Ms Eagle, the shadow leader of the House of Commons, called for better food labelling and education and said a fat tax was a “lot easier said than done”.She said: “My instinct is that VAT or tax may have a role to play but education, assistance, and regulation of some of the salt content in food is all equally important.”BBC News 18 Views no discussions HealthInternationalLifestylePrint Fat tax ‘could save many lives’ by: – April 19, 2012 Sharing is caring! Share Tweet
Gov. Mike Pence has designated the month of November as Adoption Month in Indiana.The Indiana Department of Child Services is currently recruiting adoptive families for nearly 100 children. An adoption fair will be held Wednesday at the Statehouse atrium.Representatives from the DCS and adoption agencies will provide information on public and private adoptions, post-adoptive services, how to afford adoption and other resources.Pence will speak at the adoption fair which is from 4-7 p.m.
Greensburg, In. — North Vernon-based Dave O’Mara Contracting will begin rebuilding eight blocks of U.S. 421 next week. Weather permitting, the $1.9 million project between Main Street and State Road 3 is expected to take 14 days to complete.The project includes removing and replacing the pavement from 200 feet south of Wilder Street to 400 feet south of State Road 3. Fifty-one ADA compliant curb ramps will also be installed.
The professional basketball league has literally become a 12-month a year sport. The only time off is for the stars who get July and part of August. If you have not made it big, you will find yourself playing in the developmental league during that time. If you then make the big league, you will be spending the next 10-months playing NBA games. This means you have played 12 straight months of basketball.Right now, the NBA is reaping some of the benefits of the NFL ‘s problems from protests against race equality. Some people are upset with the NFL and they are turning off the NFL and watching the NBA. One thing I would like to see done is an agreement between the NCAA and the NBA on what to do about the “one and done” we now have in college. Either let high school graduates go directly to the NBA or make them play 3 years like other sports have to do.
Recent speculation has linked the Dutch international with a move away from Old Trafford, suggesting he is unhappy. However, Van Persie has refuted the rumours and claimed he would be happy to sign a new deal with the Barclays Premier League champions. His current contract runs until summer 2016. He told United Review, the club’s official programme: ” I don’t mind if my performances get dissected and people criticise what I’ve done on the pitch. They can talk about my game 24/7 for all I care…and a lot of those opinions and criticisms may actually be right. So I don’t mind that. “What I need to address are the situations when people are taking it upon themselves to think for me, make assumptions, or interpret things as if they are me. “Last time I checked my head was still attached to my body, so I’m the only one who knows exactly what I’m feeling and that is not what I or the fans have been reading. “The truth is I’m very happy here at this club. I signed for four years and I’d be delighted to stay even longer, beyond the next two years I have left on my contract. “This is how I feel, although it’s not what has been suggested in the media.” Robin van Persie has insisted he wants to stay with Manchester United. Press Association
Authorities in Gainesville, Florida have arrested a 20-year-old man after he reportedly beat and raped his pregnant girlfriend in an attempt to kill the baby.The incident occurred Friday.Officials say the suspect, Joseph Bernard J. Combs, went to the victim’s home and waited while she spoke to someone on the phone. Once she hung up the phone, Combs reportedly told her “I’m sorry, but I can’t let you have my son.”That’s when Combs who had been dating the victim for a year, grabbed her by the hair and dragged her into the living room where he began to punch and kick her in the stomach.Combs then reportedly dragging the woman upstairs by her hair and continuing to punch and kick her in the stomach. When the victim attempted to run downstairs, he dragged her back and started to punch and kick her in the head.Once Combs noticed the woman was bleeding from a cut on her head, he grabbed napkins and attempted to clean the wound before battering her once more saying.According to the victim, as Combs battered her he said, “I’m sorry, but I have to kill the baby.”Combs then pulled out a four-inch folding knife and held it to the woman’s throat but when the woman said “I’ll do anything, but don’t take my life,” Combs handed her the knife and instructed her to slit her wrist.Just before the victim did as she was ordered, however, Combs stopped her and began raping her.Authorities say the woman suffered extensive bruising on her stomach, both arms, her shins and her right breast. She also had a swollen jaw and a bloody eye.Combs has since been taken to the Alachua County jail where he is being held on a $3.5 million bail.According to the report, the victim was 19- weeks pregnant. It is unclear if the baby is expected to survive.
(REUTERS)-Eritrean world champion Ghirmay Ghebreslassie and Kenyan Mary Keitany powered to dominant victories in the New York City Marathon yesterday.The 20-year-old Ghebreslassie won the men’s race in two hours, seven minutes and 51 seconds, more than a minute ahead of Kenyan Lucas Rotich.Mary Keitany of Kenya crosses the finish line to win the women’s field of the 2016 New York City Marathon in Central Park in the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York. REUTERS/Mike SegarKeitany became the first woman in three decades to win three consecutive New York marathons with a runaway performance.The 34-year-old took the lead by the ninth mile, made a major move by the 15th mile and won by more than three minutes in 2:24:26.Ghebreslassie’s victory ended a string of four victories in a row by Kenyan men in the race and denied the African nation a fourth consecutive sweep of New York men’s and women’s titles.“I am really proud with my victory today to be the first one from my country,” said Ghebreslassie. “Nobody before from Eritrea won in the major marathons.”Fourth in both this year’s London Marathon and the Rio Olympics, New York’s youngest ever winner joined Rotich and Ethiopian Lelisa Desisa in breaking away from a crowded pack at about the 22km mark.By 35km Ghebreslassie held a 20 second lead over Rotich and was never threatened.Third went to 39-year-old American Abdi Abdirahman (2:11:23).Defending champion Stanley Biwott, suffering from calf problems, was never a factor and dropped out before 15km.American Dathan Ritzenhein, among the early leaders, also failed to finish, pulling out at mile 19.Keitany became the first woman to win the race three consecutive times since eight-time winner Grete Waitz’s streak of five in a row ended in 1986.“Winning three times means a lot to me,” said Keitany. “It’s not easy but I got it.”She joined Waitz and Britain’s Paul Radcliffe as the only women to win the race at least three times. Radcliffe’s titles came in 2004, 2007-8.Only fellow Kenyan Joyce Chepkirui was in contention after 20km and Keitany, who surprisingly was not picked for Kenya’s Rio Olympic team, pulled steadily away.Compatriot Sally Kipyego took second in 2:28.01 and U.S. Olympian Molly Huddle made her marathon debut in an impressive 2:28:13 for third.Olympic triathlon gold medallist Gwen Jorgensen was 14th and fellow American Kim Conley 16th in their marathon debuts.U.S. Rio Paralympic silver medallist Tatyana McFadden continued her dominance of New York women’s wheelchair racing, winning her fourth consecutive title in 1:47:43.The victory was the fifth overall in the race and 17th major marathon win for McFadden, who defeated Swiss Manuela Schar by more than a minute.Swiss Rio champion Marcel Hug narrowly edged out five-time winner Kurt Fearnley of Australia in the men’s race.Hug, who was running his sixth marathon of the year, was given the win in 1:35:49. He also won in 2013.